The air fryer is not a way you would think to make egg salad, but that’s how I do it! It’s so easy to make hard boil eggs in the air fryer – you don’t even have to add water!
Air Fryer Egg Salad
While you can make hard-boiled eggs on the stove top or in the microwave, have you ever considered making them in the air fryer? It cooks the eggs perfectly, making it a quick and convenient way to enjoy this classic dish. Plus, with just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious and satisfying breakfast or lunch in no time. For more healthy egg salad recipes, try my Classic Egg Salad, Avocado Egg Salad, and Low-Yolk Egg Salad.
Air Fryer Egg Salad Ingredients
This simple egg salad has only six ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need!
- Eggs: Use eight eggs for four servings.
- Mayo: You can use regular or light mayo.
- Scallions or Chives finely chopped
- Spices: Sweet paprika, salt, pepper
How long does an egg take in an air fryer?
The time it takes to air fry eggs may vary depending on the make and model of your appliance. Test one egg to find the best temperature and time for your model.
How to Make Air Fryer Eggs
- Air Fry the Eggs: Place the eggs in the air fryer basket and set the temp to 250°F. Cook them for 15 to 17 minutes, depending on your air fryer, until the eggs are hard-boiled.
- Chop the Eggs: Remove the eggs from the machine and run them under cold water. Peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces.
- Make the Egg Salad: Mix the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Add the eggs and chives to the mayo mixture and stir to combine. Garnish with paprika and chives.
What to Serve with Egg Salad
This classic egg salad recipe can be enjoyed for breakfast on toast or a bagel or for lunch in a wrap or sandwich or over salad. Sometimes I just eat it with a spoon right out of the container!
- No Air Fryer, No Problem! Hard-boil eggs in the Instant Pot or make them on the stove.
- Whole30: To keep this egg salad Whole30, use a compliant mayo, like this one from Primal Kitchen (affiliate link), or make your own.
- Crunch: Add celery, pickles, or carrots for texture.
- Tang: Stir in some Dijon mustard or capers for extra flavor.
- Protein: Add diced cooked shrimp or canned tuna for extra protein.
- Herbs: Swap chives for dill or parsley.
How to Store Egg Salad
You can refrigerate egg salad 4 to 5 days in an airtight container, making it the perfect dish to meal prep for lunches throughout the week.
More Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
Your comments are helpful! If you’ve tried this healthy Air Fryer Egg Salad recipe or any other on Skinnytaste, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. And if you took a photo of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Stories!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 2 /3 cup
Place the eggs in the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 250°F.
Cook for 15 to 16 minutes, depending on your air fryer until the eggs are hard-boiled (time may vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer), play around with 1 egg to see how your air fryer cooks before making a whole batch.
Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the air fryer and run under cold water.
Peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces.
In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
Add the chopped eggs, chives to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Stir until everything is well combined.
Top with paprika and chives, for garnish.
Serve the egg salad on top of your favorite bread, crackers, or lettuce leaves, or use it to make a sandwich. Enjoy!
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 /3 cup, Calories: 237 kcal, Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 12.5 g, Fat: 20 g, Saturated Fat: 4.5 g, Cholesterol: 378 mg, Sodium: 299.5 mg, Sugar: 0.5 g