These Coconut Cookies are a hybrid of coconut macaroons and a meringue cookie, but with added corn flake crumbs. Delicious and gluten-free!
To-Die-For Coconut Cookies
The first time I made these meringues, I nearly inhaled them right out of the oven! A few of my other favorite varieties of meringue cookies include Sprinkle Dipped Meringues, Black and White Chocolate Chip Clouds, Chocolate Chip Clouds and Peppermint Meringues.
With the holidays quickly approaching, I’m sure lots of you are busy baking! This recipe was emailed to me a while ago by a woman who told me these were “to die for” hence the name. I held on to it for a while with intentions of trying it for the holidays, and I was super pleased with the results–I think you will be too!
- egg whites
- granulated sugar
- cream of tartar
- sweetened coconut flakes
- crushed corn flake crumbs
How To Make Coconut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F°. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a very clean metal bowl, with very clean beaters, whip the egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar into a meringue until you form thick soft peaks, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fold in the coconut and corn flake crumbs.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden.
- For the corn flake crumbs, you can buy gluten-free crushed cornflakes in many supermarkets or make your own, just put them in the food processor and crush until very fine. If gluten free is an issue, check the labels on the cornflakes, not all are GF.
- Don’t have cornflakes? Crushed rice chex cereal also works great.
- As these are meringues, you want to make sure your beaters and bowls are very clean, I prefer metal or glass bowls. Also make sure none of the yolk gets into the egg whites, or they may not turn out.
- Fold in some mini chocolate chips at the end for variations.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
How To Make Coconut Cookies (Meringues)
More Cookies You Will Love
Yield: 28 cookies
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Preheat oven to 350F°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicon mats.
Whip the eggs whites, cream of tartar and sugar into a meringue until you form thick soft peaks, about 8 – 10 minutes.
Fold in the coconut and corn flake crumbs.
Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 cookies, Calories: 188 kcal, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Protein: 1.5 g, Fat: 2.5 g, Sodium: 53 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 14 g