These crispy grilled potatoes are golden brown and delicious! An easy summer side dish to go along with anything you’re grilling!
When the weather gets hot in New York, I use my grill almost every night. Grilling is usually my husband’s job, but I’ve been having fun exploring all the things you can make on the grill all on my own. It’s really not that hard! These grilled potato slices are like fries, only healthier! They turn out crispy and delicious without deep frying or heating up the kitchen and you can even grill your turkey burgers or hot dogs with onions along side them. Serve them with some homemade ketchup and enjoy!! If you prefer a potato side dish to feed a crowd, try this red potato salad.
How to make easy grilled potato slices:
- Potatoes: Choose firm potato, such as russet or Idaho potatoes, so they taste like fries.
- Prepare the potatoes: Wash the potatoes thoroughly. There’s no need to peel them, but you can if you desire. Slice the potatoes into rounds, about 1/4 inch thick. Try to make the slices as uniform as possible to ensure even cooking. I like to use this crinkle cutter to get the ridges.
- Seasoning: Toss the potato slices in a bowl with olive oil and your preferred seasonings. Here I kept it simple with salt and black pepper. You can try adding garlic powder, paprika, or herbs like rosemary or thyme.
- Preheating the grill: Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If you’re using a charcoal grill, wait until the coals are white and glowing before placing the potatoes on the grill.
- Grilling the potatoes: Reduce the heat to medium and oil the grates to prevent sticking. Place the seasoned potato slices directly on the grill grates. Cover and cook them for about 6 to 10 minutes, or until they develop a nice golden-brown color then flip and cook a few more minutes until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Flip them carefully using tongs to avoid breaking them. Remove them from the grill and transfer them to a serving platter.
What to Serve with Grilled Potatoes
- Garnish the grilled potato slices with additional spices, herbs or sprinkle them with grated cheese for extra flavor.
- Grilled potato slices go well with a variety of dipping sauces like ketchup, or aioli.
- These potatoes make a great side to anything you’re grilling. Serve them with grilled steaks, stuffed turkey burgers, black bean burgers, hot dogs with onions, and more!
PS- You can find this crinkle cutter on Amazon!
More Grilled Vegetable Side Dishes
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 potato
Preheat grill to medium-high heat (an indoor grill would work too).
Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices. I used a crinkle cutter with ridges but straight cuts are fine.
Toss the potatoes with olive oil. Add salt, and pepper to your taste.
Reduce heat on the grill to medium and lay the potatoes slices straight onto the grill; close the lid.
Cook until the potatoes are golden on one side, about 6 to 10 minutes, making sure they don’t burn and adjusting flame accordingly.
Turn and cook until tender inside when pierced with a fork, but slightly crisp and golden brown on the outside.
Remove from grill, and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 potato, Calories: 172 kcal, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Sodium: 12 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Sugar: 1.5 g