Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas, cumin and cilantro makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas
Don’t you love it when you whip up something with random leftover ingredients, and it turns out incredible? That’s exactly what happened here. This Ground Turkey with Potatoes and Spring Peas was a huge hit with everyone in my house. For more of my favorite ground turkey recipes, try my Ground Turkey Skillet with Zucchini, Corn, and Beans, Turkey Picadillo, and Ground Turkey Taco Skillet.
How to make this easy ground turkey dish
I buy a package of ground turkey every week, and I am always coming up with new ways to use it. Here’s how to make this ground turkey and potatoes recipe.
- Finely chop the tomato, garlic, and cilantro.
- Brown the turkey and season with salt and cumin.
- Add the scallions, tomato mixture, peas, potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt, and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for about 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Add more water if needed and remove the bay leaf.
What to Serve with Ground Turkey with Potatoes
We served this ground turkey dish over rice, and the portions were extremely generous. You could also use cauliflower rice for a low-carb option. If you want to skip the rice, double the potatoes or serve with roasted vegetables.
How to Freeze
Leftover ground turkey and potatoes will last in the refrigerator for three to four days or in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and microwave until warm.
- Potatoes: Sub sweet potatoes for russet potatoes.
- Peas: Use frozen peas instead of fresh ones. If you don’t like peas, swap them for corn, black beans, carrots, or bell pepper.
- Tomatoes: Use a can of diced tomatoes if you don’t have a fresh one.
- Spiciness: Add crushed red pepper or jalapeño or top with hot sauce to make it spicy.
More Ground Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
Yield: 5 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
In a mini food processor or you can chop by hand finely chop tomato, garlic and cilantro.
In a large skillet, brown turkey and season with salt and cumin to taste.
When meat is browned and cooked through add scallions, chopped tomato mixture, peas, potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, salt and bay leaf.
Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are cooked through, about 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add more water if needed. Remove bay leaf and serve over rice if desired.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 209 kcal, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Protein: 21 g, Fat: 7 g, Sodium: 331.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 1.5 g