These crispy Parmesan Brussels Sprouts roast on a sheet pan coated with grated Parmesan cheese, they’re so good!
Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
You might remember the roasted potatoes I’m obsessed with that I shared a few weeks ago. Well, I used the same technique with these roasted Brussels sprouts, and they were delicious and easy to make. The grated parmesan gives the sprouts a crispy coating that takes them to the next level. So, if you’re not sure you’re a Brussels sprouts fan, these are a must-try. They might just change your mind! For more healthy Brussels sprouts recipes, try these Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Shallots with Balsamic and Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta.
Why This Brussels Sprouts Recipe Works
- Delicious: Who said Brussels sprouts had to be boring? These aren’t the sad, mushy sprouts you grew up with. The crispy parmesan coating takes this veggie from basic to amazing.
- Easy: This parmesan Brussels sprout recipe is a great one to add to your fall rotation. It’s simple to prep, and most of the cooking time is hands-off. Pop them in the oven while you finish the rest of your dinner.
- Short Ingredient List: Besides the Brussels sprouts, the other five ingredients (two of which are salt and olive oil) are pantry staples you probably already have.
- Healthy: Brussels sprouts are a low-carb vegetable packed with fiber and protein. And did you know that they have “almost as much vitamin C as an orange,” and they’re loaded with vitamin K, which supports bone health?
- Brussels Sprouts: Cut the stems off a pound of Brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Olive Oil to coat the Brussels sprouts before seasoning them
- Seasoning: Garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt
- Parmesan: You’ll need freshly grated parmesan cheese.
How to Make Parmesan Brussel Sprouts
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place parchment paper on a sheet pan and spray it generously with olive oil.
- Season Brussels Sprouts: Put the cut sprouts in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Parmesan Cheese: Coat the bottom of the prepared sheet pan with grated parmesan, leaving a one-inch border. Place the Brussels cut side down over the cheese, keeping them close together.
- Bake Brussels sprouts in the center of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Once the bottoms are golden and crisp and they are tender when pierced with a knife, they are ready.
- Cheese: Swap Parmesan with Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Garlic Powder: Use onion powder instead.
- Herbs: If you don’t have Italian seasoning, use any combination of dried herbs. Parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme are all good options.
What to Eat with Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
These easy Brussels sprouts pair well with a protein and another side dish but would also be good with pasta or a casserole to round out your meal.
These roasted Parmesan Brussels sprouts are best hot out of the oven. However, leftovers will keep for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheating them in the air fryer will give you the crispiest Brussels sprouts, but you can also use the microwave. They’d be great thrown into a grain bowl with some leftover chicken.
More Brussels Sprouts Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 /4 of the recipe
Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the brussels sprouts in half.
In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt with the Brussels sprouts.
Place parchment on the sheet pan, spray generously with olive oil and coat the bottom of the sheet pan with fresh grated parmesan cheese, leaving an inch all around the edge.
Place the Brussels over the Parmesan cheese, cut side down, keeping them close together.
Bake in the center of the oven, 25 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the Brussels, until the bottoms are golden and crisp and the they are tender when pierced with a knife.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /4 of the recipe, Calories: 163 kcal, Carbohydrates: 12 g, Protein: 5.5 g, Fat: 12 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Sodium: 329 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 2.5 g